Photo by Meghan Doll Photography
How did you get started in the building industry?
M&M Home Contractors has more than 20 years of experience. Mike Fritz, the owner, started his career out in architectural design which inspired him to take that knowledge and passion into building custom homes. Having experienced the way other local builders did business gave us a vision of how we wanted to handle projects and work with homeowners. We believe every project deserves the same quality of service and craftsmanship—no matter the budget.
What are the most important elements of a successful build team?
Hands down, it’s communication. Whether it’s communication between our project managers and our subcontractors, or with our homeowners, a successful build team is going to have good communication. There are countless details that go into building a custom home and those details need to be incorporated timely and efficiently to save costs and avoid delays in the build process. Our company has been built on a work ethic of self-performance and teamwork. We work with a select group of sub-contractors with whom we have spent years forging lasting relationships. This helps to ensure that we can provide our clients with the best service and quality both during the building process, and long after they have moved into their new home.
What do you enjoy most about building custom homes?
We love the challenge! Living in a world where everything is practically at our fingertips, there’s always something new and exciting we are hearing and learning about! Whether it’s a new twist on modern architecture or fresh design ideas, we are always up for the challenge. It’s what makes custom building exciting—we’ve never built the same house twice!
What inspires and influences your work?
Certainly, our clients inspire us! It’s always exciting to see what new elements and ideas they bring to the table!
How would you describe your team’s approach to a new project?
Being a design-build firm, we will work with you on your architectural design. Mike will walk your property with you and ensure your land meets your architectural needs so that we start off down the right path. Once the shovel is in the ground, we have a pre-construction meeting with you and our team to discuss your drawings and details in-depth and provide you with a tentative schedule. Our project design specialists will work with you throughout the construction process on selections and finalizing the design and scope of work to meet your desired new home or living space. Have changes? No worries! Whatever the situation is, we get your approval before we do anything. With ongoing communication through BuilderTrend (a cloud-based software system allowing our clients to see their daily schedule, selection information, plans, and photos) and weekly progress updates, we will ensure a smooth construction process with clear expectations for both parties.
How do you bring a client’s vision to life?
- A True Custom Build: We are here to meet your needs and create your dream home, and we are happy to accommodate your specific wants and desires. We work closely with the homeowners so we have a good understanding of their desires and ideas in order to create a unique home that fits their needs.
- Custom Cabinets: Our homes include creative cabinetry design, quality construction, and custom finishes creating a unique look with features you desire.
- Engineering: All of our floor and roof trusses are manufactured based on the specific requirements of your home.
- Smart Home: We know how much technology can impact your daily routine, so we educate you on everything from smart appliances, door locks, and lighting to thermostats, multi-room audio, and security to help you find the best tech products for your home.
- Custom Finishes: We go above and beyond to find the right product and details for bringing our client’s vision to life. If it’s tile from Italy you want—you got it!