Who produces the Artisan Home Tour?
The Builders Association of the Twin Cities (BATC), presenter of the Parade of Homes and Remodelers Showcase®.
How much does it cost to attend the Artisan Home Tour?
- $30 when purchased at any Artisan Home during the tour
- $25 when purchased online at ArtisanHomeTour.org
- $20 when purchased at Bachman’s locations
- $20 with a coupon from Holiday Stationstores
A TourTicket allows one-time admittance to all new and remodeled homes, plus one additional visit to one home of your choosing.
Why should I purchase a ticket in advance?
You will save when you purchase in advance (see prices above), and save time when you start your tour. Online ticket sales begin May 5th for the 2017 Artisan Home Tour, with retail sales beginning May 23rd.
How do I get my ticket when I buy online?
At the first home you visit, you’ll be asked for the email or phone number you provided when you purchased online. You’ll then receive a unique paper TourTicket with your own QR code which will be scanned at each home you visit.
What if I only want to visit one home?
If you have a favorite builder or want to visit a home near you, single home tickets can be purchased at each home for just $5.
Is there a charge for children?
Anyone above the age of five will need to purchase a ticket. An adult must accompany and be responsible for children at all times in the homes.
Where does the money go from tickets purchased?
A portion of ticket sales goes to the BATC Foundation, the charitable arm of the Builders Association of the Twin Cities, a 501c-3 nonprofit organization composed of BATC members and supporters who contribute their time, materials and expertise to help Twin Cities families and communities in need. The Foundation also provides scholarships for students entering the home construction industry.
Are tickets tax deductible?
Yes! Your TourTicket is $10 tax deductible and single home tickets are $2 tax deductible.
When can I visit the homes?
Your ticket is good anytime during the nine days of the Artisan Home Tour. New homes are open June 9-10-11, 16-17-18 and 23-24-25, 2017 (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays) from 12-6pm each day. Remodeled Homes are open the final weekend of the tour, June 23-25 from 12-6pm.
Can I visit a favorite home a second time?
Yes. You can visit one home twice.
Do I drive directly to the home?
Yes. Please be mindful of any ‘no parking’ signage when arriving at the home.
Do you accept credit cards?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover both online and upon entry to the homes. No bills over $20 will be accepted at the homes.
What if I lose my ticket?
If you’re worried about losing a paper ticket, make sure you download the Parade Craze app on your smart phone. It’s easy to upload your ticket information and then we just scan the QR code on your phone.
What should I bring with me?
- Your ticket.
- Socks. Shoes and bare feet are not allowed in the homes. We will have a limited supply of booties at the homes, too (if you are visiting multiple homes, please be green and hang onto your booties).
What should I not bring?
- Your camera. You can view photos of the homes on the Parade Craze app during the tour, as well as in our Look Book, poly-bagged with the Fall issue of Artful Living, and on the Artisan Home Tour website after the tour.
- Your pets (unless you have a service animal).
- Food and beverages.
- Baby strollers.
Are there other things I should keep in mind?
- The Artisan Home Tour is a self-guided tour using your own vehicle.
- There is ample parking at each home.
- Please observe “No Parking” signs and be considerate of the neighbors (especially not blocking their mailboxes or driveways).
- The Tour runs rain or shine.
- Bathrooms are not available for use at the homes.
- Tickets are non-refundable