- Details drip from every corner of this classic-styled home—from the extensive wainscoting in the foyer and stairwells to the crown molding on the main level and coffered ceiling in the great room.
- There’s no fighting over bedrooms in this house—all five feature stunning lake views.
- In the kitchen, inset custom cabinets with white oak accents complement the white oak floors that run through the entire home.
- Cedar shiplap coats the ceiling on the screened porch that can be enjoyed year-round, thanks to a cozy wood-burning fireplace, in-floor radiant heat, and infrared heaters.
- An outdoor shower allows the homeowners to rinse off sand and lake water before making their way through the lower-level entry into the recreation room, complete with a wet bar and game area.
- A bonus room on the second floor can morph to fit the homeowners’ needs. Featuring a hidden bookcase door that leads to a secret room, the possibilities for this space are endless.
- High-tech touches like remote-controlled shades create a sleek, streamlined look free of cords and strings.
- Wanting to pay homage to the land the home is built on, a ﬁ replace mantle and custom tabletop were fashioned out of heritage trees that existed on the property when the homeowners bought it.
Shuttle Service Parking: 881 – 3rd Avenue, Excelsior, MN
This Shorewood home was expertly designed as a gathering place for friends and family. After a day spent swimming in Christmas Lake, the homeowners and their guests can retreat to the house, which was smartly built south-facing to soak up every ounce of sunshine.