- Simple form and function were a driving force of the floor plan, ensuring spaces were right-sized and cohesive but not redundant.
- Notice the design choices that elevate the aesthetic of the home, such as the wide-plank white oak floors and floating metal staircase.
- The line between inside and outside is blurred on the main level with fold-away glass doors that open from the living room to a patio outfitted with a gas fire table.
- The kitchen has both beauty and purpose, featuring two 30-inch Sub-Zero refrigerator columns around a 36-inch Wolf cooktop. Porcelain on the island and countertops crawls up the wall to a custom metal range hood.
- A bar area between the kitchen and living room provides easy access to beverages while hosting. Around the corner, a scullery includes an additional sink and dishwasher, 18-inch wine column, double oven, and coffee blender.
- A lounge off the kitchen is ensconced in warm wallcoverings and a dark-painted ceiling to create a deep, moody vibe.
- The entire upper level is dedicated to the owners’ suite, where vaulted ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows frame an idyllic view of the lake. A his-and-hers dressing room in the walk-in closet and a double vanity in the bathroom give each homeowner their own space, but they can unwind together on the private porch, complete with overhead heat, a fire table, and a TV with surround sound.
- On the lower level, a recreation room and bar entertain visiting guests, who are welcome to spend the evening in the adjoining bedrooms and bunk room.
Shuttle Service Parking: 3380 Shoreline Drive, Wayzata, MN
Less is more in this simple, classy home built for empty nesters who craved a space to entertain, but also live comfortably on a day-to-day basis. Sited on a narrower Lake Minnetonka lot, maximizing west-facing views and capturing year-round sunlight were priorities.