- Whether cozying up in front of the fireplace in the great room or enjoying a meal in the dining room, views of the lake are never far away.
- Light and bright design elements on the main and upper levels shift to a more rustic palette in the lower level, where layers of natural materials and textures reflect the home’s lakeside location.
- Stained cabinetry, stone accents, and black plumbing fixtures complement the basement bar’s ceiling, made of reclaimed wood paneling from a cotton mill in Tennessee.
- The kitchen is both stylish and functional, featuring a large island that houses two dishwashers; black, white, and stained oak finishes; and a full-height quartz backsplash.
- In addition to the five bedrooms and six bathrooms, some of the home’s floor plan is dedicated to leisure and recreation, like the study, home gym, and media area, complete with a bar and space for games.
- Inspired by the homeowners’ trips to The Caves Hotel in Jamaica, the backyard includes an outdoor kitchen, a large patio for al fresco dining, and a hot tub and in-ground pool, all set to a background of lake views.
- A large deck and adjoining screen porch with a fireplace allow for year-round enjoyment of the outdoors.
An elevated, wooded lot on Lake Minnewashta was the ideal setting to bring the clients’ dream of a Minnesota rustic-modern home to life. Whether looking out to their own backyard or visiting one of many nearby parks and lakes, this property offers plenty of opportunities to get lost in nature.