- When the homeowners purchased this 1940s home, they knew the floor plan was in desperate need of a redesign.
- The roof line of the master bedroom was altered to gain a more expansive view of Lafayette Bay, and many other windows were enlarged and strategically moved to enhance sightlines to the lake.
- All three floors of the home were reconfigured, with structural walls removed and replaced with steel beams to achieve the desired layout.
- Original oak floors have been refinished while new lighting, millwork, cabinetry, and other finishes make the space sing.
- There was a conscious effort to have subtle modern twists in the finishes to support a current-day feel while balancing the original aesthetic.
- Not only are the views of Lake Minnetonka stunning, but so is the thoughtful decor of this home.
Sitting along the shores of Lafayette Bay, this whole-home renovation stays true to the home’s original mix of French Colonial and Colonial Georgian architecture. The original interior design of that era is maintained with updated materials and trends for modern living.