- In keeping with a classic lakeside home, traditional cedar shake siding pairs with fieldstone and brick accents on the exterior. Inside, the aesthetic continues with a natural color palette, white oak flooring, and marble and slate tile.
- While an open floor plan on the main level encourages family time—with the kitchen serving as the true heart of the home—there are also plenty of spaces for individual activities, like reading in the study or watching a movie in the den.
- A mix of black, polished nickel, and soft brass metals gives the home a lived-in quality, while light fixtures were carefully selected to stand the test of time in quality, finish, and design.
- Perched on top of a hill, each room showcases a unique bird’s eye view of the surrounding lakes.
- The spacious primary suite wing is inspired by a spa retreat, complete with a double-sided fireplace, a soaking tub, and 360-degree views.
- A dining room with floor-to-ceiling glass on three sides makes you feel like you’re enjoying your meal al fresco—no matter the season.
- Five lockers in the mudroom ensure there is plenty of space for all family members to store their bags, shoes, and coats. Fido wasn’t forgotten either, as a dog door leads directly to a kennel in the three-car garage.
With access to a recreational trail from the backyard and Excelsior a quick walk away, the location sealed the deal for these homeowners while in the process of selecting a neighborhood for their new home. Inspired by the historic cottages of Minnetonka, this abode features a traditional layout with all the modern conveniences needed for today’s active family.