- When the homeowners asked for a large family room, an open kitchen, and bedrooms for each of their three growing boys, they got all that and more through a second-story addition, reconfigured living spaces, and a lower-level finished family room.
- Graceful doorway arches and a new 9-foot ceiling enhance the main level, creating a luxurious and open atmosphere to welcome family and guests.
- The main level houses a beautiful and functional family kitchen, huge dining room off the foyer, fourth bedroom, and a spacious family room with an impressive 12-foot-wide patio door offering views and access to the backyard pond that becomes a hockey rink every winter.
- The new island kitchen has everything the family wanted, from elegant quartz countertops to all new stainless-steel appliances, even a convenient steam oven and beverage center set within the big island.
- The new second story is split between two bedrooms with a shared bath and a truly elegant owners’ suite with quartz countertops, dual sinks, and a roomy closet.
- Downstairs, the second family room is the perfect spot to stay entertained for hours on end.
- You’ll also love the thoughtful and exquisitely crafted finishes throughout this whole-house remodel including oak hardwood floors on the main level, all custom cabinetry, herringbone mosaic tile in the main level shower, and graceful stairway details for visual interest as you enter from the new front porch.
Start with an ordinary house in a great neighborhood, add in a growing family needing more space, mix in an excellent remodeler, and you’ll end up with a beautiful Edina home to love. The crisp, white exterior façade with unique design elements is striking, yet fits seamlessly within its traditional neighborhood.