- Rather than building on an addition, creative design maximized the existing spaces and allowed the family to focus on interior details without changing much of the home’s original exterior presence.
- This remodel marks the second time Vujovich worked on this home, as the new homeowners were confident the team knew the home well after working with the previous homeowners on a kitchen remodel.
- As with most turn-of-the-century homes, storage space was lacking, so a new owners’ suite now includes two highly functional closets and a spacious, spa-inspired bath along with a lovely new rooftop balcony over the main-floor sunroom.
- Work on the children’s side of the second level included moving walls and creating custom built-in storage to provide two equal bedrooms with a roomy adjoined bathroom between.
- White oak hardwood floors can be found underfoot through most of the home, with luxury vinyl in the exercise and laundry rooms, dolomite tile in a herringbone pattern in the master bath, encaustic tile in the powder room, and ceramic hex tile in the kids’ bathroom.
- Descend the staircase featuring custom ironwork matching the main grand staircase to a fully finished entertainment level complete with a custom private bar and wine cellar.
- The fully renovated lower level includes a lounge area with custom walnut bar cabinets, Cambria Skara Brae countertops and backsplash, and a built-in wine refrigerator with matching refrigerator drawers.
- Before, the space included compartmentalized rooms that were rarely used, but it now functions as an open gathering space that can be closed off
- One key goal was to reuse original items found in the basement such as the leaded glass doors that now lead to the fully equipped gym.
Please Note: Remodeled homes are open three days only. Visit October 23-25.
The homeowners of this 1929 Mediterranean stunner fell in love with the details and history of the home. When the time came to remodel, they had two main objectives: create a highly functioning private quarters on the second floor and multi-functional spaces for entertaining all throughout the home.